Evolution of Web has positively impacted everyone’s life and we have started spending more time with our Laptop emailing, chatting, orkutting, tweeting, sharing and what not!
Bride and Groom have got “techie” too!
Personalised Wedding Website i.e. WedSite is not just a fashion now but has become an imperative feature of wedding planning. Couples chose to book a Domain (xyz.com) and develop a Wedsite using “Do it yourself” tools. Couples who go more techie may go for a customised design with favorite colors and Graphics. There are specialised online vendors who would do it for you very professionally.
So what does WedSite may contains?
WedSite is one more “point” to think about and spend time in planning about the content. It could range from your childhood memories, vintage pictures, love story to Save the date, wedding itinerary, venue information etc. Here is the List of sections that you may plan
1. Index or the opening Page should be a Welcome Note and introduction to WedSite
2. Introduction of the Bride and Groom and the families
3. How we met/ Our Love Story
4. Pictures/Video of Childhood, school/college time, pre wedding days, friends etc
5. Wedding Venue (introduction to the Destination)
6. Wedding Itinerary containing the details of the events, venues, time to arrive, dress code etc
7. Accommodation and Travel arrangements : This is one the most important section if you have planned a Destination Wedding. The Guests would expect to be guided for the stay (weather you are paying for them or not), Flights, logistics to reach the destination, Visa, Travel Tips etc.
8. Registry : Couple may provide Links to preferred online Vendors for Gifts/Registries
9. RSVP : A Form to be filled which shall produce a Report of Guests who are attending along with their travel details and special requests.
10. Microblog : Let the Guests post Twitter type comments and interact
11. Contact Page
Benefits are unlimited!
Starting from “sending e-Invites, smartly managing the Guests, keeping the Guests updated, offering travel assistance, preferred Registry vendors” to “assuring Guests that the forthcoming wedding is THE Day to be awaited”.